Tuesday 4 August 2009

Genetically modified?

Well there's definitely something going on...
[click to enlarge]

Aw, I lost 7 hours work on this one :( Somehow I managed to corrupt 3 files, versions 2 through 5... and lost a whole manner of extra details... oversized veg, a bewildered judge on the left, another participant with significantly less impressive produce, soil in the foreground, a little worm wriggling around in the front and some big rolling hills in the background...
Remember when I was singing the praises of digital...? Well, I'm going to have to take it back...
[you can now see the re-worked final version here...] :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

    As I always say, digital is wonderful...when it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bad times at least you saved this...its still awesome me likes......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the technology tantrums. This looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it works well, and so sorry for having lost 7 hours! I'm sure it was fantastic..but this delivers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the worst feelings in the world. Sorry it happened to you - at least this looks wonderful though! I like the subtle shading mixed with the flat shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you so much! You're so nice. I'm sure it happens all the time, but it really felt like I'd been robbed!!. Amazingly though, I managed to pick myself up the next day and start over... it came out rather differently to the version that was lost... more modestly shall we say... but I think it still works. Hope you get to see it, if you have time.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete