Tuesday 30 June 2009

Tango

I'm dancing my way into digital... [sorry - couldn't resist] I still can't quite get my head around it, but it's good fun trying. It's even better knowing you don't have to clean up after yourself :)
[click image to zoom]



p.s. For anyone that's been following - sorry I've been away so long!

Some of you might recognise this image from a few weeks ago, in which case you'll see that I've shamelessly squashed it into this week's IF topic - please, I beg your forgiveness. I actually took on a new identity of late, one that forced my drawings into the back seat; for the last few weeks I have been 'Kirstie the brave,' a pale-faced island explorer on a mission to enjoy sun, sand and sea...

You'll be pleased to hear the voyage was a great success.. and a thousand freckles and two sore shoulders later, I'm back.

Hope you're all having a great summer.
Look out for more updates soon!
All the best, K

16 comments:

  1. wow! awesome job! I thought it was traditional until I actually read the text.

    Nice!

    Is that Painter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! I've found it so much easier to get into than photoshop, for painting anyway - it's so intuitive. Painter's great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks pretty natural instead of digital. Again, your pencil strokes are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with the above, it doesn't look too digital - very painterly. great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your colors and contrasts.
    The caracters are very dinamic and funny in all your works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great illustration! I love your retro style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the painting. Very nice and full of life. I should try Painter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love a lot of your other images too. Shrinking Violet is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you could have fooled me-I thought it was traditional. very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the retro-ey feel. And I love Painter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the texture & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome to digital. i personally am a drawer, always will be. i refuse to do the actual drawing with anything other than a pen of some sort. but i've discovered so much joy in moving my sketchbook work into the world of photoshop for playing with color and refining. anyway, i love your work, however it's executed. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! That's so nice of you. I might try a few more now! With any luck, I'll be a master at this one day :-/ xxx

    Have a lovely weekend. Thanks again for all your encouraging comments! x Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pure beauty. An amazing, wonderful, and perfect work of art.

    ReplyDelete